Hey there, good lookin’!
SHOP MY: DISC NECKLACE (also available in Silver & Rose Gold) // ROMPER // MASCARA
For my first blog post, I decided that I’m going to do a little introduction of myself and my little family! This is going to be a long one- and I’m sure that I’ll probably forget to add like 90 things but here we go.
Facts about me that I won’t dive too deeply into yet (you’re welcome haha)
- I was born and raised in Tallahassee, Florida.
- I’m the youngest of 6 kids. ” Whaaaaaat?” I know, I know. 3 of us were “oh-crap” babies, but my mama says we’re the best uh-oh’s of her life. (Sappy, I know but it makes my heart warm) While we’re on the subject of my mama: I’m 150% the BIGGEST mama’s girl, probably ever. She’s my absolute best friend, my support system, and she loved me through all of those terrible teenage years- even though I was *literally* THE WORST! *insert eye roll* No, really. I was awful.
- I’m an artistic person.
- I’m outgoing and a “people-person” (for the most part- some people just suck & I avoid those types of people like the plague)
- I’m an old soul
- I have a really hard time hiding my emotions.
- I always tell the truth. (I’m probably the worst liar in the world..)
- I’m not afraid to speak what’s on my mind.
- I’m incredibly sensitive, but *thankfully* the industry that I’m in has thickened my skin (a little bit..)
When I was a ripe young 20 years of age I met the man of my dreams and married him- wait for it- 2 MONTHS LATER! The hilarious part? We didn’t tell anyone. (Sorry, mama) I’ll do a blog post all about this in the future because it really is hilarious, raw, non traditional, and super nuts; Just like my stud and I! (Life’s always better with a side of crazy)
SHOP: MY SUNGLASSES (similar style under $80) // JEFF’S SUNGLASSES (great Valentine’s Day gift!!) // JEFF’S POLO *ON SALE*
We’ve been happily married for a month shy of 5 years now and have moved all over- we’ve lived in Texas, Georgia, Upstate New York, (then I went home to Florida while Jeff went on rotation to Korea) and now we’re sittin’ pretty in North Carolina!
Together Jeff & I have created a beautiful little family. Charlie (Our Fur Baby) is a 4-year-old, handsome, rambunctious, I-don’t-play-by-the-rules, too-smart-for-his-own-good black lab mix. If you’ve seen Marley & Me, he’s Marley to the T. (If you haven’t, just know I’m judging you until you watch it!)
And then came our beautiful, full of life, strong-willed (Lord help me) little princess, Sophia, who is actually not-so-little anymore. Sophia will be 3 YEARS OLD in April. (Where does the time go?!) Watching her grow has been and is one of the greatest blessings. She’s hilarious, so sweet, knows what she wants when she wants it, (got those qualities from me) and is incredibly smart (definitely did not get that from me- I can own it)
SHOP SOPHIA’S:JACKET // GLOVES // SIMILAR CAR
I’ve always had a passion for fashion, design, accessories, make-up, beauty, skin care, home decor, cooking, baking, and even cleaning (I’m one of those odd people who stress cleans)
About my Career Journey: (this will be a longer blog post in the future) I started out as a Stylist for Stella & Dot and fell in love with accessories and network marketing. Before Stella & Dot I never really added any sort of accessories to my outfits (and man-oh-man, big no no!) An outfit without accessories is like a cupcake without frosting- it just doesn’t work! Really, it doesn’t. After dipping my toes into network marketing I decided that I wanted to finally achieve my life-long dream of owning my own clothing boutique, and I saved up all of my commission from Stella & Dot and started what is now known as Sophia Ann Boutique! Let me tell ya, blood sweat and tears has gone into this business but I am OBSESSED with it and wouldn’t have it any other way! Empowering women daily is what I strive for!
I hope you love reading my blog as much as I love writing and sharing with y’all!
Please feel free to comment below if you have any specific questions for me, or if you would like to request specific future blog post topics!
xx, Torey Mongelli | Bright Peonies